Answering Questions about Workers’ Comp

Arizona Injury Law Group

What is workers’ compensation?

Workers’ or workman’s compensation is a benefit provided to those who fall sick or get injured in a workplace accident or while fulfilling the responsibilities of their job. The compensation is usually made in the form of wage-loss because and medical expenses associated with the injury or illness.

Am I covered by workers’ compensation insurance?

In Arizona, all employers are required to have workers’ compensation insurance or be self-insured. However, there are exceptions. Independent contractors and self-employed individuals are generally not covered under workers’ comp insurance. You can visit the National Council on Compensation Insurance’s website (NCCI) or the Industrial Commission of Arizona website to check your employer’s policy.

What are the requirements for receiving benefits?

There are four basic requirements to be eligible for work comp benefits.

  • You must be an employee of the company.
  • You must have been injured or fallen ill due to an injury or condition that arises out of and in the course of your employment
  • Your employer must have workers’ compensation insurance.
  • All claims must be filed within a specific time period.

How long do I have to file a claim?

In Arizona, you have to file your workers’ compensation claim within one year of the injury or illness becoming manifest and you had some reason to know of its relationship to your work activities. Arizona law also requires prompt reporting of the injury to the employer. It is a great idea to consult a work comp attorney who understands the workers’ compensation laws and handles workers’ compensation claims.

Can I take some steps to ensure I get what I deserve?

  • Promptly report your injury or illness to your employer.
  • Fill out the Worker’s Report of Injury (Form 407 – available online with ICA) or you will need to fill out a Worker’s and Physician’s Report of Injury (Form 102 – available at your doctor’s office or hospital). Submit the Form 407 at the ICA website or by mailing/faxing it to the ICA. Keep a record of all relevant documents to confirm the timely filing of your claim.

Get Help Today

Call Immediately For A Free, No Obligation Consultation And Let Us Help You Put Your Life Back On Track. Let Us Help You
Regain Normalcy And Stability Again. We Want To Help You Get The Benefits You Need And Deserve!