WORKPLACE SHOULDER INJURY ATTORNEY IN PHOENIX, AZ
Workplace shoulder injuries can significantly impact an individual’s ability to perform their job and their overall quality of life. Shoulder injuries can be caused by various workplace incidents. These include repetitive injuries, lifting heavy objects, or accidents such as falls or collisions. These injuries can range from minor strains and sprains to more serious conditions like rotator cuff tears, labral tears or dislocated shoulders. They can result in pain, a limited range of motion, and difficulty performing daily tasks or work-related duties. Workers in Phoenix need to understand the common causes of shoulder injuries and take steps to prevent them. They must seek proper medical care if an injury does occur.
Arizona Injury Law Group: Your Phoenix Workplace Shoulder Injury Attorneys
If you have suffered a shoulder injury at work in Phoenix, AZ, it is important to contact an experienced workplace shoulder injury attorney. They can help you understand how to advance a claim and the potential workers’ compensation you may be entitled to. At Arizona Injury Law Group, we have a team of experienced and knowledgeable Phoenix workplace shoulder injury lawyers. We are dedicated to providing high-quality legal services. Our attorneys understand the medical and legal aspects of shoulder injuries. We can work hard to ensure that you receive the top financial award for your injury. We can review all applicable laws, speak with witnesses, contact medical experts, and negotiate with insurance companies. Our firm can make sure that you receive the best possible outcome for your case.
What Shoulder Injuries Are Common in Today’s Workplace?
There are several shoulder injuries that are common in today’s workplace, including:
- Rotator Cuff Injuries: A rotator cuff is a group of tendons and muscles that surround the shoulder joint. Injuries to this area are common in jobs that require repetitive overhead motions, such as construction, painting, and landscaping.
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome: This condition occurs when rotator cuff tendons become compressed between the bones of the shoulder. This can cause pain and a limited range of motion. It is often seen in jobs requiring repetitive overhead lifting, such as manufacturing or warehousing.
- Shoulder Dislocations: A shoulder dislocation occurs when the upper arm bone comes out of the shoulder blade. This injury can occur in jobs that involve heavy lifting or falls, such as construction or warehouse work.
- Bursitis: Bursae are small, fluid-filled sacs that provide cushioning between bones and soft tissues. They cause pain when they become inflamed, which can limit mobility in the shoulder. This injury is often seen in jobs that require repetitive motions, such as typing or assembly-line work.
- Fractures: Shoulder fractures can occur from falls, collisions, or other workplace construction accidents, resulting in significant pain and loss of function.
Workers need to take steps to prevent these injuries, such as:
- Using proper lifting techniques
- Taking breaks to rest and stretch
- Using ergonomic equipment when possible
If an injury does occur, seek prompt medical attention. Following a proper rehabilitation program can also help ensure a full recovery and a return to work.
How Can a Phoenix Workers’ Comp Lawyer Address Your Workplace Shoulder Injuries?
Here’s how a Phoenix workers’ compensation lawyer may address your workplace shoulder injuries:
- Evaluation of your case: A workers’ compensation lawyer can evaluate your case. They can determine the severity of your shoulder injury and the benefits you may be entitled to. They can also review the circumstances surrounding your injury to ensure you are eligible for workers’ compensation benefits.
- Assistance with paperwork and filing: Workers’ compensation claims involve a lot of paperwork. A lawyer can help ensure that all necessary documents are properly completed and filed on time.
- Negotiation with the insurance company: A workers’ compensation lawyer can negotiate with the employer’s insurance company to ensure you receive maximum benefits. They can also advocate for your right to medical treatment, rehabilitation, and other necessary benefits.
- Representation in court: Your shoulder injury case may go to court. A workers’ compensation lawyer can represent you and present evidence to support your claim. They can also cross-examine witnesses and argue on your behalf.
- Appeals: If your claim is denied, a workers’ compensation lawyer can help you appeal the decision. They can fight for your rights to compensation.
What Compensation Can You Receive for Workplace Shoulder Injuries in Phoenix, AZ?
Here are some of the types of compensation that you may be eligible for:
- Medical Benefits: You are entitled to receive medical treatment for your shoulder injury. This includes doctor’s visits, hospitalizations, surgeries, prescription medications, and other medical expenses related to your injury.
- Disability Benefits: If your injury is severe enough that you are unable to work, you may be eligible for disability benefits. These can provide you with financial assistance to cover your living expenses while you cannot work.
- Wage Replacement Benefits: If your injury prevents you from working, you may be eligible for wage replacement benefits. These can give you a percentage of your lost wages during your recovery period.
- Rehabilitation Benefits: If your shoulder injury requires physical therapy or other types of rehabilitation, you may be eligible for rehabilitation benefits. These can cover the cost of your rehabilitation treatment and help you recover more quickly.
- Vocational Rehabilitation: If your injury is severe enough that you cannot return to your previous job, you may be eligible for vocational rehabilitation. This program can provide job training and assistance in finding a new job that accommodates your injury.
- Death Benefits: If a loved one dies due to a workplace shoulder injury, their family may be entitled to death benefits. These can provide financial assistance to cover funeral expenses and support the family.
None of these are out of reach with the help of a qualified Phoenix shoulder injury lawyer. If you are suffering from a shoulder injury at work, contact an attorney today to explore the best tactics for seeking justice.
Contact Arizona Injury Law Group Today
At Arizona Injury Law Group, our team is dedicated to helping those injured on the job receive the maximum compensation available. We have helped many injured workers receive the medical treatment, rehabilitation, wage replacement benefits, and more that they need to recover. Contact us today for a free consultation to discuss your case. Let us fight for you so you can get back to living.